Friday, November 7, 2008

Catch up on October

October is my favorite month. There are so many fun holiday/fall things to do, the weather is perfect and nothing beats baseball season. Here is a quick catch up of our month.
Painted Lady Butterflies
In the summer we got a butterfly pavilion and did the whole caterpillar to butterfly thing. Blakeslie absolutely loved it. It actually inspired her Halloween costume. We were walking in the mall and she shouted, “Look a painted lady butterfly!” We had to get the costume and we got another set of caterpillars to watch during October. She was so funny as the caterpillars grew because she would ask all the time, “When are my capitillars going to turn into raccoons.” She had a great time putting on her costume and making sure her Painted Ladies knew she looked just like them.
(I highly recommend doing this. We had so much fun watching and waiting for our butterflies. Bean took it to show and tell at school at every stage. If anyone is interested you can buy the pavilion and caterpillars from http://www.insectlore.com/ It is a fun adventure!)


We had a great time going to all the fun fall activities around the valley. Our favorites were the scarecrow festival, Cornbelly’s and Gardner Village
to see the witches.


My Funny Kidos
Blakeslie woke up one day and was just not feeling well. It never really turned into much, but I knew she wasn’t great when she told me to call her teacher to tell her she wasn’t making it to school. She also took a 4 hour nap. She spent a lot of the day just hanging out in our bed. Once when I went into check on her this is where I found her bowl. I couldn’t resist taking a picture.



When we decorated our spooky Halloween house Mayzie was more interested in the box. She kept putting it on her head so Chip finally helped her out and cut a spot for her eyes. She wore it all night and Chip started calling her
“Box Vader.”




We did a little Halloween party for Bean’s friends. We had a great time and Bean was so cute about getting excited about the games and treats. It made it all worth it.


Halloween was great. We had Blakeslie’s school party and then went to Omniture for the biggest party in the valley – thanks Scott! The kids had a great time there. We ran home to have our annual Halloween dinner with mummy hotdogs before trick-or-treating around the circle. Mayzie actually got it more than I thought she would. I let her eat her candy as we went so she was very excited to knock at the doors.






5 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Adorable costumes and fall clothing!

Lindsay said...

The kids look so cute in their costumes! I love the picture of them on the grass with the leaves. I also love the one with Mayzie looking into the candy basket. Okay, they are ALL cute.

Jilynn said...

What fun! I'm glad there were no reports of Blakeslie getting hurt again! I love the costumes and I have always wanted to do the caterpillar thing too! Maybe next year when Justin is a little older. . . We are for sure staying here for Thanksgiving so hopefully we can meet up sometime, maybe go to the zoo again or whatever. If you go to the swapmeet again I am still dieing(sp?) to go! Just let me know! Love ya!

Sarah said...

what a fun month! love the painted lady costume! we might have to do that butterfly pavillion...

Julie said...

I love that butterfly costume. How cute is that. Maybe I can convince Owen to dress as a butterfly next year!And the little bee wasn't too bad herself! Hope you all are well!