Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mr. Incredible, Tough Girl and Captain Wimpy Pants

Well we had an adventure the other day, and everyone involved ended up with nicknames.
Chip and Bean were wrestling and she hit her tooth on her bed and pushed it back. There was a lot of blood and tears, but thanks to Chip everything was under control. Blakeslie was named Tough Girl, because she really did take it all like a champ. Chip’s new name is Mr. Incredible for keeping calm and saving the day. Chip really earned his name when not only did he have to take care of Bean, but also his pathetic excuse for a wife and mother…..I passed out! Seriously, during the commotion of Chip pulling her tooth back in the right position (terrible sound!) and the smell of warm blood I fainted. I woke up to Chip telling my Dad, “I gotta go your daughter just passed out!” and Blakeslie crying again (I think I scared her when I fell over and hit the floor.) While Bean and I laid in my bed, both recovering, she deemed me Captain Wimpy Pants. I earned it! My Dad has assured me that if I had been alone I would have been fine and the adrenaline would have made me alert to help her. I sure hope so or I’m terrified of what might have happened. I have never been queasy around blood, it was so strange!



I have decided to go to Boise for the weekend so that my Dad can look at Bean’s tooth. It is still bothering her. I hope it doesn’t turn dark or have to be pulled. I guess the toothless grins are always cute. She would just have hers for while.

I realized I have never shown a picture of Bean’s Bed.

This further shows how much Chip is Mr. Incredible. I found a bed similar to this on the internet. Within 3 weeks he had this finished product without any plans or measurements – he is amazing!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

OUCH!!! poor girl, i cannot believe that fat lip! what a bummer!!

Laura said...

Jennica hit her tooth twice. Both times it turned dark and then miraculously turned white again in a few weeks (maybe 5 weeks?) anyway it was never moved out of place though. Ouch. . . .

Laura said...

I can't believe you passed out! Poor Mommy! Jacob killed his front tooth and amazingly it did not fall out till it was time.

The bed is amazing.

Rachel said...

Oh, poor Blakeslie, and poor Mommy too! Had Chip not been there, you would have undoubtedly been able to handle things, but I'm glad you didn't have to!

She's such a funny little kid. I love the nicknames. I'll be watching for a status update on that tooth!

amyminette said...

That is a great story. I can't believe you actually passed out! Hopefully everyone survived.