Saturday, June 6, 2009

The beginning of one era and the end of another

Mayzie is starting the “I can do everything by myself” stage. I’m not going to lie sometimes it is very annoying like when it is time to get into the car seat or when we are changing a diaper. However, sometimes it is just stinkin’ funny - like this day when she wouldn’t let me help her get dressed. She fought me to get her shorts on so I finally conceded (notice the belt is in the back, she got them on backwards.) She wouldn’t let me put a shirt on her so for half the morning she was half-nakey. At some point she went into her closet and pulled out this dress. Since, it had a zipper she couldn’t get it down over her shoulders so she sported the “shawl” look and was very proud of herself. Oh, the joy of having a headstrong toddler!


The end of Preschool...
Blakeslie had her preschool graduation last week. She just loved every second of school and soaked up everything Ms. Barbara would give her. Graduation was so cute. They slowly proceeded in to the “Graduation March” and then had lots of songs and showed us all the things they had been working on all year. Blakeslie was in charge of showing the calendar. She even got a diploma and we ended with lots of treats! I’m so excited for her- she talks about Kindergarten everyday. However, I told Chip at her next graduation I’m going to be hysterical. I just know I’m going to blink and we will be at High School Graduation. I wish so much time could just slow down.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Don't you love it when your toddler declares their independance. Dang. There goes all the cute outfits you've bought them. Sometimes I think my girls are dressed by gypsies. It's just not worth the fight though. It's so funny when its someone elses kids - just not your own.

Jilynn said...

I can't believe you're going to have a Kindergartner! Crazy! Hopefully you will be able to make it to Spring training next year eventhough she'll be in school!