We had talked about Hula Pie with Blakeslie for weeks before we got there. Obviously, we thoroughly enjoyed this one and many more. Blakeslie said, “This was worth the wait!” Mayzie didn’t say anything but, “More, more, more!” We had lunch at Leilani’s many afternoons and every time I said, “This is paradise…Hula pie, with my family and this view!”
This is Blakeslie’s Musical Début at Cheeseburger in Paradise. She bought her little Ukulele in the shops on Front Street right before dinner. She played from her seat the entire meal. She was so cute about wanting to play with the Musician. She said things like, “Mom, go tell him he can play awhile and then I’ll play awhile.” On our way out she finally went up and played with him. He was so cute with her and she was beaming. Afterward everyone was taking her picture and she got a standing ovation. She said, “I was so nervous when everyone starting taking my picture, but I just smiled.” What I wouldn’t give to make sure she had this confidence when she was in Junior High.
The slideshow doesn’t do the trip justice – thank goodness for the memories. We got there on Valentine’s Day so we got the girls red and white leis. There are pictures of our adventures at the blowhole, Hana, Sugar Cane Train, and the luau. The whale pictures are from our whale watching boat tour. February is the best time to go to Maui. There are approximately 12,000 whales in the Hawaiian Islands. The tour was great, but so is the show from the shore- AMAZING!

3 comments:
What a wonderful trip. Looks heavenly. That girl of yours is hilarious. She reminds so much of Lindsey at that age. So outgoing and excited about life.
We own almost all those outfits. So that made me laugh. We have the same taste!
What a vacation! You got some great pictures- love the one of Blakeslie doing "hang loose". Someday I'll make it to Hawaii!!
I am always so jealous of your fun vacations. We could really learn a lot from you guys in that regards. Darrin actually brought up the idea of taking the children to Cancun next month...are you joking? I would look like a blue whale. So we're postponing it to next Spring...We'll see... I do love the idea of sitting on a beach and just enjoying the ocean.
Post a Comment