Friday, February 6, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

We had the opportunity to see the Draper Temple open house. It was so fun to take Blakeslie. It was neat to show her and talk about what a special place it is. She especially loved the bride room and the sealing room mirrors. When we talked about the baptismal font and the 12 oxen she said, “Oh, just like the 12 Dancing Princesses.” It is a gorgeous temple – anyone who has the chance should take the opportunity to go.

Little funny – So for Christmas Mayzie got a little microphone that records your voice. One day Blakeslie was playing with it and I wasn’t paying much attention until I realized she was practicing her testimony. When she played it back she had said, “I would like to bare my testimonies, I know this house is true, I know my parents love me, I know I am very funny, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.” I couldn’t help but laugh – she really is so stinkin’ funny! We had a great discussion about what it really means to say, “I know this Church is true.” I found it so interesting that her little brain had associated it with where she was physically. What a nut – I love her so much!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Blakesly is such a cutie. Did you know I'm your new visiting teacher? Me and Marianne Stephenson. I'm excited to have you! Now you guys will certainly have your fill of the Bunkers. David being your home teacher and me being your visiting teacher. Whats the odds of that?

Sarah Empey said...

I love to hear the funny little things she says! We need to get down to the open house- have been wanting to do it, but haven't actually made it happen, you know how that goes??

amyminette said...

It's so good to hear you blogging again. It's so much fun if you do a little at a time! I love to hear all the funny stories you tell.