Monday, July 7, 2008

Yosemite Mountain Ranch

We had a blast on our annual trip to YMR. It was fun to see family and play with cousins.


Chip’s favorite things about YMR
Breakfast
Decapitating a 4 ½ foot rattlesnake!
Fishing with Blakeslie, who is not a sissy girl
Driving the Wild and Crazy Jeep
Canon balling the kids at the lake

Chan’s favorite things
Our quiet picnic at the lake
Reading Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
Sneaking cookie dough from the kitchen
Hangin’ with Hilary
Watching the cousins play

Chan’s least favorite thing

Having the stowaway LIZARD jump on my foot in the car on the ride home! I almost died and Blakeslie was screaming from the backseat, “I want to see it…Can we please take it home.”

Blakeslie’s favorite things
Swimming, fishing, and playing at the lake
Smores at the BBQ
Dora Hike and hiking Yellow Pine Ridge Trail
Playing kick the can and spotlight tag
Wild and Crazy Jeep rides

Mayzie’s favorite things
Eating snacks on the dock
Getting loved on by all the cousins
Getting held by Grandma and Grandpa
Playing in the dirt
All the good food

We made a little Dora Hike for Blakeslie and some of the cousins. They had a great time exploring the “bat cave,” hiking to the salt lick, playing at the tree swing, and ending at the spring house – where we had drinks and candy waiting.



My favorite day was our quiet picnic at the lake. The four of us had a great time eating, playing, and fishing. Blakeslie and I had the best water fight – she won!



Blakeslie loved fishing with her Dad. Her favorite were the tiny fish. She would bait the hook and reel them in. Once they were caught she would hold and pet the fish. She really wanted to keep them. I’m afraid they were half dead from “love” by the time they found their way back into the lake. (I couldn’t help but think of Leny in Of Mice and Men.)



The traditional BBQ night was a hit. The kids loved making smores almost as much as Lynna.




It really was a great trip full of fun memories and good ol’ family fun!

7 comments:

amyminette said...

Sounds and looks like so much fun. When can we go?

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

That looks like such a good time!! I can't wait for our trip together!

Jilynn said...

What a blast! It looks so pretty there but of course I live in there desert and pretty much anything is prettier than that! I love the picture of Blakeslie by herself, so cute! Is she crawling yet?

Unknown said...

You always take the best vacations. I am so jealous. Your summers are always filled with tons of fun!! These pictures depict the movie: "Dan in Real Life"... I wish we could be a part of it. Maybe next year??? Just teasin'

Laura said...

What a wonderful vacation. Your pictures are wonderful. I really enjoyed visiting with your the other night. We need to get together. My email should come on this comment. So email me :)

Julie said...

It looks beautiful up there. How fun to see pictures of Chips family. I haven't seen them since you all got married. There are a lot more additions since then. Sorry about the lizard. I would have FREAKED too.

SM said...

Hi my name is Stephanie Martin, my family too belongs to YMR. I was googling yosemite to find out information on the huge fire and came across your website. It is so adorable, it is really funny to watch another family (not mine) fishing and swimming at the big lake, making s'mores at the Saturday night BBQ and relaxing in the lodge! Maybe someday we will be up there at the same time :) I also love all the comments from your friends begging to come along next time, we get those requests from our friends too, all the time. I am getting ready to head up there this Sunday and I hope my family and myself have as much of an amazing time as you guys do. Take care and feel free to email me, maybe we can exchange stories, ideas and BBQ skits! ~Stephanie Martin stephanie.c.martin@gmail.com