Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fancy Nancy Day



We took the girls to get their hair and nails done at the local beauty college. Blakeslie had a blast and couldn’t stop starring at the mirror while the lady curled her ringlets. Of course she did a pattern of purple and pink on her fingernails - very beautiful! Then we met our Dads at Dear Lizzy’s and had lunch and desserts. Blakeslie totally played the part by making us eat with our pinkies up and call each other "Darling." Any of you that haven’t read the Fancy Nancy series are seriously missing out - they truly are perfect for little girls.
This is the reason I LOVE having girls!!!

6 comments:

Jilynn said...

Looks like you have been having a lot of fun! Can you believe our babies are almost 1! Tell me what kind of party you're doing so that I can copy it! Is she trying to walk yet? That is all Isabelle wants to do and I get so tired of walking her all over the house!

Unknown said...

Blakeslie looks darling! What a fun day for the girls. I am impressed Chip went along with it all. I need to do that with Megan one of these days. She is definitely all girl.

Sarah Empey said...

OK, so what's this "Fancy Nancy" series?? I've never heard of it, but it sounds like it should be right up Nicole's alley. Let me know what it is and where to find it!

Sarah Empey said...

PS- my little sis is getting married in a few weeks, and her new name will be Ally Allred too...

Laura said...

My girls love Fancy Nancy too. What a cute idea that you and Megan did. I may have to copy that idea. I might even take them to eat at Dear Lizzy's. How fun!

Rachel said...

We just recently discovered Fancy Nancy. It is too cute. Lily won't really conform to Nancy's ideals, but there's always Abby!