We had quite the adventure in San Diego! I took the girls to the beach house by myself for spring break. We ended up staying for two weeks because I didn’t want to leave. I kept walking around saying “This is heaven!” We played all day together and at night I would watch movies and scrapbook. Chip actually worked on our basement while we were gone and with the help of Troy got the entire thing framed. Great work guys!!!
I planned a lot of beach activities and crafts before we left. We had a whale, mermaid, and pirate day. We also made matching flip-flops and painted a shell frame.

We made lots of treats. Blakeslie loves to make things in the kitchen. However, we certainly weren’t going to eat all of it so we shared it with new friends at the cabana and the guards were sad to see Blakeslie (The Treat Girl) go.
We didn’t even need all the fun stuff I planed because we could have played in the water and sand all day everyday. Even Mayzie thought it was fun to sit out on the beach.
It was so fun to see the Mortensens. They came down and stayed with us and we had a blast all playing together.
One day we painted each other’s toe nails. We had a good time, but my “extra” paint took days to come off. It looked like my feet were bleeding in the sand.
Seriously, it was heaven not having any distraction other than playing with my kiddos. We only wished that Chip could have been there – thankfully we have our beach trip to Myrtle coming up. I know some of you think I’m crazy about my average of one week a month vacationing. I am just already dreading Blakeslie going to real school and having our freedom taken. I have been counting down since we had 30 months and now I only have 15 months. I have to fit in all I can!
1 comment:
Okay, you are seriously the cutest mom I have ever heard of. I don't know if you heard but Ernie and I are expecting. I just hope I can be as cute as you are.
Post a Comment