Monday, April 6, 2009

Phoenix


We had such a good time in Phoenix for Spring Training. The weather was so perfect I truly thought about staying. We had a blast going to games and playing at the pool.


Eno was a good sport about taking Bean to the pool – thanks!



We went to a night game all together and loved it. The girls especially loved the cotton candy and the fireworks during the 7th inning stretch.

(The picture of Blakeslie yelling at the player is her heckling Coco Crisp!)



Chip got adventurous one night while Eno, Troy and I were out shopping. He took the girls to a night game on his own. Don’t you love how Dad’s don’t think about red slushies on pretty clothes? I got a text from him while we were out that said, “How much do you like the girls' clothes?” I love that he took a picture when he got home to show the damage – I have trained him well. (Amazingly, all the red came out.)


We celebrated St. Patrick’s day with a couple of visits from the leprechaun. Blakeslie was amazed with his sneakiness! Mayzie didn’t even seem to notice her green eggs and oatmeal - she just chomped away at her food.



In the evening the girls came home to a treasure hunt. Troy and Eno beat us home and Troy almost caught the Leprechaun. He was so close that he grabbed his pants, but the Leprechaun got away. (Does the idea of a half naked Leprechaun running around scare anyone else?) The girls had to follow the string all through the house. It ended in the freezer with gold and a few surprises. I love this holiday!



The running joke about going to Spring Training is Chip collecting souvenir cups. This is his collection and Blakeslie turned out to be the best helper. What are we doing with all these again?



Our final adventure of the trip was our drive home. We took highway 20 that crosses from Panguitch to Beaver. It started to snow as soon as we got on the 20. By the time we got to the top of the mountain the road had a couple of inches of snow on it. Long story short we got stuck behind 2 semis that jackknifed in the middle of the road, so we were stuck up on the mountain for over an hour. We finally got turned back around and stayed the night in Panguitch. The scariest/funniest part was watching Troy and Chip push cars out in shorts, t-shirts and crocks because they hadn’t planned for anything but Phoenix sun. The delay only added to the fun. We got a room, got the kids to bed and enjoyed another night of card games.




P.S. Thanks Moxie for Bean's B-day present!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like you guys had so much fun! i love that chip took pictures of the outfits to show you the damage!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Love the post, and all of the memories! It was a fun trip! Can't wait for our next one :)

Jilynn said...

Your post makes me want to go to Spring training now! I guess it's not such a big deal to me since I live here. Maybe next year we'll join you at one of the games! It was so fun to see you and you are welcome to move here any time and enjoy the sunny weather year round. . . just don't move during the summer! That's hilarious about the snow. I can just picture them in their shorts out there. Good for them for toughing it out. Love ya!

Laura said...

I love your posts! What fun it all was. I would have fainted if I got a picture of my Janie and Jack outfits looking like that (we have those). Thank goodness it came out.

Wow that weather was sure a not so welcome home. Great memories for sure!

Laura said...

Looks like so much fun! Love those business trips that allows you to play.

Unknown said...

ha ha ha the idea of a half naked leprechaun does indeed scare me to! i am jealous of your fun in the sun!!!