Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Crazy Thanksgiving

Well we didn’t spend our Thanksgiving quite like we thought we would. Instead of going to my Aunt and Uncle’s with all my family we spent it more like this……



Both the girls got sick the day before and got worse on Thanksgiving Day.




Chip and I still decided to make the complete Thanksgiving diner just for the two of us. The girls were not really up for eating anything. (Note their PJs. I think it is a first for me to have pajamas at the Thanksgiving dinner table.) I thought it was pretty silly to make dinner for just the two of us. However, I realized Chip hadn’t listened to me the entire month while I shouted from my soap box that it isn’t about the Turkey dinner. It was really good and with just us there was no stress or time table.

We decided to go to Phoenix to see my parents the day after Thanksgiving - probably against our better judgment. Here is a pic of Mayzie from Chip’s phone. She was happy here, but a few miles outside of Kanab it was a different story. Let’s just say it is not fun changing clothes and cleaning out a car seat on the side of the road – what were we thinking! I really wish she had used that bowl for catching instead of as a hat.



We had a great time in Phoenix - even though we passed our plague to almost everyone.



We had another Thanksgiving dinner and note Troy and Papa are missing and by the end of the night Nana was sick and sometime in there Chip got it bad too. The only survivors of this dreadful sickness were Erin and I. So we took complete advantage and had a great time shopping. The highlight of our 2 days of power shopping was finding a shoe store that was going out of business. I bought 14 pairs of shoes for $65! No joke! The best deal was a pair of Steve Maddens for $1.25. We definitely had a good time!








Here are a few fun pics from before the sickness fiasco.




Blakeslie loved her vest and headband from preschool.




Blakeslie named the big Turkey Sally the Turkey and filled out a feather each day of something we were thankful for. It was pretty funny to hear some of the things Bean was thankful for. My personal favorite was P.J.s and popcorn. I had nothing to do with that one, but it is by far two of my most favorite things.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sorry you guys were all sick. The same thing always seem to be happen when my whole family gets together. At least one kid is sick and it usually works it way through most of the family. Looks like you guys still managed to have some fun though. I can't believe you found 14 pairs of shoes for $65. Amazing.

Julie said...

Hooray!! You did it. It is so hard during the holidays to catch up on the blog. So much stuff going on. But at least you go it down.

How sad that you all were so sick over Thanksgiving. That is no fun. Looks like you all toughed it out though. And shoes for less than $2.00. It really doesn't get better than that!